Smith & Nephew's Profore Multi-Layer Compression Bandaging System is designed for the management of venous leg ulcers and associated conditions. Profore system pack contains everything necessary for the application of effective graduated compression therapy. Each system pack contains the following:
- 1 Profore wound contact layer - helps protect the wound site and wick exudate into the absorbent padding
- 1 Profore natural padding bandage (#1) - helps absorb wound exudate and protect bony prominences
- 1 Profore light conformable dressing (#2) - helps absorb wound exudate and prepare the leg for application of the pressure layers
- 1 Profore light compression bandage (#3) - helps maintain light compression and keep the system in place for up to a week
- 1 Profore flexible cohesive bandage (#4) - helps maintain continuous compression and keep the system in place for up to a week
The system pack can be used on patients with ankle circumferences of greater than 18cm or 7¼ inches (padded).
Proven effective in both hospital and community treatment studies, the PROFORE system is designed to deliver effective pressure, graduated compression (higher pressure at the ankle, decreasing pressure at the calf) and sustained compression. Profore compression bandages maintain effective levels of compression even after 7 days after application.
Profore bandages have sufficient absorptive capacity to manage exudate for up to a week without reapplication. The initial applications of Profore bandage may have to be changed every 3-4 days, when wound drainage is high.
Studies have shown that the Profore compression bandage system is cost effective for the management of venous leg ulcers.
Looking for a bandage with light compression? Try Profore Lite.