REPLICARE is indicated for
- Exudate absorption and the management of partial to full thickness wounds. Some typical wounds are:
- Ulcers (venous, arterial, diabetic)
- Pressure Sores
- Donor Sites
- Surgical Incisions
- Surgical Excisions
- Burns (1st and 2nd degree)
- Creation and maintenance of a moist wound environment. Moist wound environments have been established as optimal environments for the management of the wound.
- Provides physical separation between the wound and external environments to assist in preventing bacterial contamination of the wound.
- Dressing hugs curves better and stretches comfortably, with a combination of adhesion and elasticity for maximum wear time, reduced nursing time and more cost effective use of materials.
- Bevelled edges help keep the dressing from sticking to clothing or bed linens, reducing the risk of leakage.
OPSITEâ—Š FLEXIGRIDâ—Š may be used on clinically infected wounds if the following precautions are followed:
* The patient should be under medical/clinical supervision
* The dressing should be changed daily
* The patient should be receiving suitable systemic treatment.
Immuno-compromised patients and diabetic patients may require extra supervision. Care should be taken to avoid skin damage by repeated applications on patients with thin or fragile skin.
In common with all adhesive products, some cases of irritation and/or maceration of the skin surrounding the wound have been reported. It should be noted that inappropriate use or too frequent dressing changes, particularly in patients with fragile skin, can result in skin stripping.